Terms and Conditions
1. Name of the organization
The name of this membership organization is the "Sunroute Club Edy", and is managed by the Sunroute Club Secretariat (hereinafter referred to as "Secretariat") of the Sotetsu Hotel Management CO., LTD.
2. Name and function of the card
The Sunroute Club Point Card Edy (hereinafter the “Point Card Edy”) is a card that facilitates the use of the electronic money “Rakuten Edy (hereinafter referred to as “Edy)” offered by Rakuten Edy, Inc., in addition to the functions included with the “Sunroute Club Point Card” issued by the Secretariat.
1. Sunroute Club Edy Members (hereinafter referred to as the “Member” or “Members”) shall be the Individuals who accept the agreement and register through the procedure defined in Section 4.
2. Applicable terms and conditions: In addition to these Terms and Conditions, Members shall be subject to the “Terms and Conditions of Use of Rakuten Edy Services” in connection with the use of Edy.
Sotetsu Hotel Management CO., LTD. shall not assume any responsibility or liability for any damages caused by the Member’s use of Edy functions.
3. Use of the Point Card Edy: The point card Edy shall only be used by the registered Member.
*This shall not apply, however, to Edy functions.
Those who wish to become Members should fill in the required application form and apply at the Sunroute Hotel Chain or partner hotels (hereinafter referred to as "Chain Hotels").
We will issue a "Point Card Edy" membership card with a membership number printed on the front.
5. Enrollment fee and annual membership fee
No enrollment fee or annual membership fee is charged for the membership.
6. Term of validity for Point Card Edy and points
The Point Card Edy can be used from the date of issue.
1. Expiration of points
The points earned by the Member shall expire when the Point Card Edy is not used for two years from the date of its previous use.
2. Expiration of the Point Card Edy
The Point Card Edy shall expire when it is not used for five years from the date of its previous use.
*The rules on expiration stipulated in 1 and 2 above shall not apply to the use of only Edy functions.
*Members may continue to use the Edy functions of the Point Card Edy even if the card has expired.
7. Types of points and membership stages
1. Types of points
(1) Basic Points: Points earned for stays at any Chain Hotels or meals at member restaurants. The accumulated points determine the membership stage for the following year.
(2) Bonus Points: Points granted to special plans and campaigns as well as in accordance with the membership stage. These points are not considered when determining the membership stage.
(3) Accumulated Basic Points: The number of accumulated Basic Points earned in one year from April 1 to March 31. The membership stage for the following year is determined according to the number of accumulated Basic Points.
2. Membership stage system
The membership stage for the following year is determined according to the number of Basic Points earned in the current year (from April 1 to March 31.) The members in the higher stages receive Bonus Points in addition to the Basic Points earned through hotel stays, as shown in the table below. The membership stage is updated on April 1 of each year.
Names of the stages
Total number of accumulated Basic Points earned in the previous year
Regular members0-499 pointsNone
Silver members500-1,999 points0.5 × Basic Points
Gold members2,000 points or more1.0 × Basic Points
By using the Point Card Edy, Members can receive the rewards mentioned in (1) to (3) below.
*Different rewards are applied to overseas hotels. Please see the details here.
1. Basic rewards (at the hotel)
Members can receive the following rewards by presenting the Point Card Edy when they use Chain Hotels. Even if a Member forgets his or her Point Card Edy, rewards (1), (3) (4) and (5) will still be granted if the Member is able to provide proof that enables confirmation of the membership information.
(1) Earning points
a. Hotel stays
Please present the Point Card Edy at the front desk when checking into the hotel. You can earn points from room charges and service fees. One point is earned per 100 yen spent (tax not included). Only one card may be used - per room, per night.
The Bonus Points are granted according to the membership stage as prescribed in Section 7 (2).
20 points are granted per overnight stay (without exception) when hotel rooms are reserved through a travel agent or Internet reservation site (excluding websites which are directly managed by Sunroute Hotel Chain or any Chain Hotel). (Points are not granted at certain hotels.)
The Bonus Points are granted according to the membership stage as prescribed in Section 7 (2).
*Please receive points by the time of your check-out at the hotel you stayed in. You can not receive points at a later date or at any other hotels.
b. At restaurants
Please present the Point Card Edy when paying at the restaurant. You can earn points for meals and service charges. One point is earned per 100 yen spent (tax not included).
If a Member pays for an entire group, the total charge for food, drinks and service charges is applicable to earning points.
In addition, the earning of points is limited to the participating restaurants (restaurants provided with a point card information stand). Points are not earned through use of banquet rooms.
Additionally, Bonus Points used for the determination of membership stage as prescribed in Section 7 (2) are not earned.
*Please receive your points on the same day that you use the hotel. You cannot receive points at a later date or at any other hotels.
(2) Use earned points at the front desk (paying with points) and exchanging for “Edy gifts”
At the request of a Member, Sunroute Club Edy will exchange every 500 points for Edy gift(s) worth 1000 yen, and we will receive the gift(s) for that Member.
Edy Gifts will be issued to the Edy Function (number) displayed on the applicable Point Card.
Members can use Edy at Rakuten Edy Member Merchants all over Japan.
*If a Member applies for an Edy gift exchange through the Sunroute Hotel Chain official website “Sunroute WEB” (hereinafter “Sunroute WEB”), the following rules shall apply.
The Members themselves shall receive Edy at an “information terminal” installed at locations designated for receiving Edy gifts or by FeliCa smartcard reader “PaSoRi” by the specified date.
Edy gifts expire unless you receive them within 60 days after they are issued.
(3) Hotel room discount: Members can receive a 10% discount from the standard room rate on weekdays and a 20% discount from the standard room rate on weekends (some hotels are excluded). However, there will be no further discounts applied to reservations taken from travel agencies or to various special discounted rates other than the standard room rate, such as those available through accommodation plans and those available on the internet.
(4) Quick check-in service: Members can check-in the hotel by just signing at the front desk.
(5) Late check-out service: Please make the request at the front desk when you check-in. We will extend the check-out time until 12:00 p.m. for no additional charge.
*Please understand in advance that there may be cases in which we are not able to extend your check-out time.
2. Basic Rewards (Sunroute WEB)
Members can make use of the following rewards on the Sunroute WEB. (1) Direct payment with points (WEB reservation points): If you make a reservation on the Sunroute WEB, you can apply the points you have to the payment of room rates. (You must register the points you are using upon making the reservation.) One point is equivalent to one yen towards the payment of accommodation fees.
(2) Airline Mileage Transfer Service: Members of the JAL Mileage Bank or ANA Mileage Club can transfer points to miles in units of 1,000 points, based on one point = one mile. The transfer to mileage is only allowed when the name of Sunroute Club member is the same as the name registered in the JAL Mileage Bank or ANA Mileage Club. (Please apply here)
3. Other basic benefits (Sunroute WEB)
In addition to the above basic benefits, the following benefits are also available.
*Members are requested to present a point card to receive the additional benefits.
*The details of the additional benefits may change without prior notice. (1) Use outside the hotels: There are also benefits outside the hotel, such as discounts at nearby restaurants. Please refer to the Sunroute WEB for details.
(2) Partner rewards: There are a range of discounts, etc. available through Sunroute Club partner rewards. Please refer to the Sunroute WEB for details.
(3) S-cash: S-cash exchanged before the transfer of Sunroute Club membership to Sunroute Club Edy membership can be redeemed in 1 yen denominations at the reception of Chain Hotels or at the register of a restaurant that accepts S-cash by presenting the point card.
We will refuse membership to any applicant to whom any of the following applies.
Furthermore, if any of the following applies to any Member after registration, we reserve the right to cancel his or her membership. In such cases, the Point Card Edy expires and all earned points also expire.
There will be no notice to the Member upon this expiration.
1. The Member declares false information at the time of registration;
2. The Member is identified as a member of an organized crime group, affiliated with an organized crime group, or a member of any other anti-social forces;
3. The Member’s address, telephone number and other contact information becomes outdated;
4. The Member does not make various payments that are due in accordance with the hotel Terms and Conditions, such as accommodation fees, etc.;
5. The Member does not comply with the hotel Terms and Conditions and guest rules and thereby disrupts the order of the hotel;
6. The Member violates these membership Terms and Conditions.
10. Withdrawal from the membership
Members may withdraw from the membership if any of the following conditions apply:
1. The Member her/himself requests the withdrawal.
2. The Point Card Edy expires according to Section 6.2 herein.
3. The membership is cancelled according to Section 9 herein.
4. The Member is deceased.
11. Assignment of membership
Membership, earned points, etc. shall not be assigned to any other party.
12. Modifications to registration information
If Members wish to change their address, name, telephone number, etc. please promptly notify any of the Chain Hotels or the Secretariat, or make changes on Sunroute WEB.
13. Loss or theft of card
If your Point Card Edy is lost or stolen, please report this to any of the Chain Hotels. We will issue a new Point Card Edy for 500 yen (including consumption tax) as a fee for reissuance. (The new card will have new Edy functions (Edy number.))
In such cases, the earned points are transferred to the new card but the Edy functions (Edy balance, etc.) of the previous card are not transferred to the new card.
Neither the Secretariat nor any of the Chain Hotels shall assume any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage incurred by the Member due to loss or theft.
14. Handling of personal information
1. Collection, retention and use of personal information
In order for the Secretariat and Chain Hotels to manage the point system and perform business concerning the accommodation of Members, the Members shall agree to the collection, retention and use of the personal information described in items (1) to (4) below (hereinafter referred to as "personal information"), following the establishment of appropriate security measures.
(1) Name, gender, date of birth, contact address, contact telephone number and other items provided by the Member in the application form;
(2) Matters concerning the hotel reservations of the Member;
(3) History of stays at the Chain Hotels and use of restaurants, relevant to earning of points;
(4) History of payments made with points or use of points.
*The joint users of the above Personal Information shall be the Secretariat and the Sunroute Hotel Chain.
*The party responsible for management of the Personal Information jointly used above shall be Sotetsu Hotel Management CO., LTD.
2. Use of personal information
The Secretariat and the Chain Hotels will use Personal Information for the following purposes.
(1) Administration of the point system and provision of related services;
(2) Operations relating to Member’s hotel reservation and check-in;
(3) Notifications and sending of information from the Secretariat and the Chain Hotels required for legitimate business activities;
(4) Mailing of advertisements, etc. from the Secretariat or Chain Hotels (we will, however, stop sending such advertisements if requested to do so by the Member);
(5) Use of personal information for the purpose of marketing activities and/or product development by the Secretariat or Chain Hotels (in these cases, information will be used for the purpose of statistical analysis and will not be used in a manner that specifies individual Members);
(6) We may outsource certain parts of the Sunroute Club Edy operations to third party companies and such third party companies may use certain portions of the Personal Information subsequent to the establishment of appropriate security measures.
3. Disclosure of personal information to a third party
Sunroute Club Edy will not disclose any personal information to any third party except for the cases stipulated in the Membership Agreement. However, we may disclose personal information if any of the following apply.
(1) The Member agrees to such disclosure;
(2) Such disclosure is based on laws and regulations, and when there are requests from authorities;
(3) Such disclosure is necessary for the protection of life, health or the property of individuals.
4. Disclosure, correction and deletion of personal information
Members may request disclosure of their personal information from the Secretariat. When there is an error in the registration details, or changes are required, the Secretariat shall immediately carry out corrections or deletions.
Inquiries concerning Member’s personal information may be directed to the following:
2-9-14 Kitasaiwai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-0004 Japan
Sotetsu Hotel Management CO., LTD.
[Sunroute Club Secretariat]
15. Suspension of Point Card Edy Use
Members may not earn points or use the earned points, etc. in any of the following cases.
1. During service-related system maintenance
2. Provision of services is not possible due to system failure, communication network failure, etc., relating to the provision of services.
3. Other situations in which suspension of the services is required for administrative and/or technical reasons.
16. Revision of Terms and Conditions
The provisions in these Terms and Conditions, including those concerning rewards, may be revised without prior notice. Any revision of these provisions shall be announced on the Sunroute Web.
17. Dissolution of the Sunroute Club Edy
(1) The Sunroute Club Edy may be terminated after prior notification posted on the Sunroute Web.
(2) The Sunroute Club EDY may be terminated without prior notice, when the continuation of business becomes difficult due to management issues, natural disasters or other emergency situations.
*In the case of the above items (1) and (2), Members’ rights concerning use of the Point Card Edy shall be forfeited unless the Member is clearly notified otherwise.
18. Governing law
The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
The Tokyo District Court will have exclusive jurisdiction by consent as the court of first instance, for any dispute arising between Members and the Secretariat.
20. Supplementary Provisions
If a membership is transferred from Sunroute Club to Sunroute Club Edy, the points earned and S-cash balance shall be transferred to the Point Card Edy.
S-Cash balance transferred from Sunroute Club will expire as on September 30, 2020.
If a Member withdraws from Sunroute Club Edy, the earned points and S-cash balance shall expire.
(Revised on April 1, 2019)