These Terms and Agreements set forth rules concerning your use of room booking service (hereafter the “Service”) via the internet room booking system (hereafter “SUNROUTE WEB”) owned by SUNROUTE Co., Ltd. (hereafter “the Company”). Your use of the Service shall constitute your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
1. These Terms and Conditions shall be applicable to all users (hereafter “Users”) who utilize the Service for the hotels using SUNROUTE WEB system leased by the Company (hereafter “Hotels”).
2. Terms and conditions provided by Hotels separately from these Terms and Conditions shall respectively constitute a part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. A booking by a User through the Service shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. For matters not specified herein, laws or commonly established practice shall prevail.
1. “Booking” herein refers to a contract between a User and a Hotel executed by the User through the Service for the purpose of receiving accommodation services from the Hotel.
2. “Rate” herein refers to the fee a User pays to a Hotel for the accommodation service.
3. Parties to Contract
Parties to a contract concerning accommodation services introduced through SUNROUTE WEB shall be the User and the Hotel.
4. User Registration
At using the Service, a User must register his/her name, gender, date of birth, contact number, email address, etc. The members of SUNROUTE Club operated by the Company, however, do not have to sign up as a User.
5. Use of the Service
1. The Service shall handle booking requests only.
2. The rates offered in the Service are offers prepared for the Service. They may therefore be different from rates offered outside the Service.
3. Guestrooms offered in the Service are registered at the discretion of the Hotels. Therefore, the indication of “no vacancy” may not necessarily mean that the selected Hotel is fully booked.
6. Booking Request
A User intending to book a room shall submit a room booking request by entering required information on the online request form of a Hotel and submit the form to the Hotel via Internet.
7. Timing of Contract Conclusion
1. An accommodation contract shall be executed between a User and a Hotel under the terms and conditions set forth by the Hotel.
2. When a User submits a booking request under 6 and for which the screen shows “booking complete,” the contract is established under the preceding paragraph.
3. Even when “booking complete” screen of the Hotel fails to appear on the User’s computer screen for some reasons despite of the completed booking, the contract shall come into effect under the terms and conditions of the Hotel so long as the User can confirm the booking details by using the “Booking Confirmation” function of SUNROUTE WEB.
8. Booking Confirmation
Booking details are promptly displayed via Internet on the “Booking Confirmation” screen, where details concerning accommodation services are shown.
9. Contract Changes and Cancellation
1. A User may request the Hotel to cancel or change the whole or a part of the room booking.
2. When the User requests for booking cancellation or change, he/she may do so through “Booking Confirmation/Change/Cancellation” screen of SUNROUTE WEB or by directly requesting the Hotel.
3. When the Hotel cancels or change the whole or a part of the booking at the request of the User, the Hotel shall directly demand the User for cancellation charge, penalty, etc.
10. Payment of Rate
Users must pay the rates at the time designated by the Hotels. A rate includes consumption tax but may not include service fees and other taxes (hotel tax, etc.)
11. Communications with Users
In principle, notifications and communications from Hotels to Users shall be done via emails. Hotels, however, may call Users to confirm bookings, etc.
12. Users’ Compliance Obligations
1. A User must directly contact the Hotel when placing inquiries or requests concerning the accommodation services offered by the Hotel.
2. In case of a complaint concerning the accommodation services provided by a Hotel, the User must directly submit the complaint to the Hotel.
3. When a booking requires the payment of deposit, etc., the User must pay the said deposit, etc. by the deadline designated by the Hotel.
4. Apart from preceding paragraph 3, Users must understand and comply with the terms and conditions set forth by the Hotels.
5. At using the Service, Users must not:
(1) Register false information at the time of user registration;
(2) Make a booking with false or unjustified requests or fail to show up without notifying the Hotel;
(3) Make any kind of registration or room booking under the name of someone without such person’s approval;
(4) Engage in acts that infringe, or threaten to infringe, the interest or rights of other hotel guests, third parties or the Company’s operation;
(5) Make bookings seemed to be intended for resale or for commercial purposes;
(6) Engage in acts that violate, or threaten to violate, the public order and laws; or
(7) Engage in any other actions the Company deems inadequate.
13. Cancellation Due to Reasons Attributable to User
1. When a User fails to complete the procedure instructed by the Hotel or infringes provisions of these Terms and Conditions, the Hotel may cancel the accommodation contract.
2. When a contract is cancelled under the preceding paragraph, cancellation and penalty charges, etc. shall become payable under the terms of the Hotel.
14. Service Suspension, Deletion from User Registration
If a User is identified with any of the prohibited acts described in Paragraph 5 of 12 or if the Company concludes that the User violated these Terms and Conditions, the Company may suspend the User from the Services or delete the User registration without a prior notice.
15. The Company’s Responsibilities
1. When a User harasses or causes damages to a Hotel or another person through the use of the Service, the User shall solve such problem at his/her own cost and responsibility, and the Company shall not be held liable in any way.
2. If the Service fails to properly function due to the setup or communication state of a User’s Internet connection or devices or any other environmental conditions beyond the Company’s scope of management, the Company shall not be held liable in any way for the consequences arising from these causes.
16. Handling of Personal Information
1. Collection, Storage and Use of Personal Information
Users and hotel guests booked through the Service shall agree to the collection, storage and use of the information specified in Items (1) and (2) below (hereafter “Personal Information”) jointly by the Company and the Hotels offering booking services through SUNROUTE WEB for the purpose of provision of the Service with protection measures in place:
(1) Name, gender, date of birth, contact number, and other information entered at the user registration
(2) Statuses and booking history of the User or hotel guests booked through the Service
2. Use of Personal Information
The Company and the Hotels use Personal Information for the following purposes:
(1) Provision of the room booking services to Users or hotel guests booked through the Service;
(2) Communications by the Company or Hotels required for the proper business operation;
(3) Delivery of gifts, questionnaire campaign prizes, etc. to the Users;
(4) Distribution of email newsletters from the Company or the Hotels (we suspend the email newsletter delivery if the User requests to unsubscribe);
(5) Use for marketing activities and product development efforts by the Company or the Hotels (in this case, User information are analyzed or used statistically without identifying individual Users); and
(6) The Company may commission a part of works concerning the Service to contractors. In this case, Personal Information may be partially used by the said contractors upon making sure that adequate protection measures are in place.
3. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company will not provide any Personal Information to a third party except for the cases laid out in these Terms and Conditions, unless:
(1) The User personally agrees to the use;
(2) It is required under the law or demanded by government authorities; or
(3) It is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or assets.
4. Disclosure, Amendment or Deletion of Personal Information
A User may request the Company to disclose the User’s own Personal Information. When there is an error in the registered contents or a request for its change, the Company shall promptly change or delete as requested. A User may personally confirm and change registered contents at “Internet User Registration/Change” in the Service.
The Company may have third-party companies to obtain and use behavior information (other than Personal Information) for the advertisement publication purpose. The third-party companies utilize cookies and obtain information exclusively for the advertisement distribution purpose.
In this case, the information obtained will not include any Personal Information. Also, the cookies collected by the said third parties will be treated under their respective privacy policies. If you prefer to deactivate the said function, please visit the following websites of the said companies and choose “opt out”.
Third-party Companies Engaging in Advertisement Distributions:
Contact Address concerning Personal Information
SUNROUTE Co., Ltd.
2-9-14 Kitasaiwai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, Japan
17. Changes to Terms and Conditions
The Company may change these Terms and Conditions without a prior notice to Users. In this case, the conditions of use of the Service shall be subject to the amended Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise specified by the Company, the amended Terms and Conditions shall come into effect at the time when such change is published on the Service.
18. Court of Jurisdiction
1. Disputes arising between the Company and a User concerning the Service shall be settled through mutual efforts in good faith.
2. When a dispute cannot be solved through mutual consultations, the agreed courts of jurisdiction shall be Tokyo District Court and Tokyo Summary Court.
Amended on 9th March 2016
Drafted on 12th December 2013
Amended on 9th March 2016
Tips for first time users
Online user registration
Online registration is necessary for first time users to this website.
Please read Terms & Agreements upon registration.
After receiving registration confirmation mail, you will be able to make reservation with your email address and set password.
- You may reserve up to 6 month ahead of your travel.
- After making reservations, you will receive confirmation email from us. (automatically distributed)
Multiple room reservations
- Reservation up to 5 rooms can be made at one time.
- For multiple room reservation, the condition (room type and number of guests per room) must be the same.
- If you prefer different room type and number of guests for some of the rooms, please separate the reservations.
- Please confirm your reservation by logging in from Confirm, modify, cancel reservation.
- (Current reservations will be listed in the page. No past stay records can be viewed)